Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday morning

It's been a couple days since I posted. First off, the little K man is doing great great great! We moved out of the ICU on Friday and are in room 266 on the 8th floor. Our usual room ;). We seem to get this room a lot! He lost his IV on his head the first night we were on the 8th floor. Yea!

He has gotten his days and nights a little off. Friday and Saturday nights were a little rough. I also think that he was a little scared because he would wake up and not know where he was. But I do think he knows he is out if the ICU and is much happier! Again our parents are great and we got to go home for the first time yesterday! Sleeping in your own bed is sooooo nice! Jenifers parents are coming up today and we'll be going home again. Jen may take a nap but I think I'll stay up. Want to get to sleep earlier tonight because I have to go to work tomorrow. :(

One big highlight was on Friday we graduated from the "safe at home" program! Kim made us some sweated and dr nugent even helped with the delivery! Such a huge huge mile stone for us!!! No more quarantine!

As of rounds today, it looks like we will be here for at least another week. Kaleb needs to get weened off of oxygen and get off continuous feeds. We're very very use to this process and we know it can take a little time. Our goal is to be home for his one year birthday which will be the 29th of this month!

Again, thank you all for the thoughts and prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. I was so happy to hear that he is doing great. I was thinking about him all weekend. Like if i personally knew him and your family. I told my husband about your family and how i strong yall are. it made our problems seem so small and grateful for our kids. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. Hope he is home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete